Stendra is an Erectile Dysfunction medication available through the prescription. It’s one of the fastest and most stimulating sexual health medications available in the market at present.
- The dosage options are 200mg and 100 mg tablets;
- You can take Stendra a quarter of an hour before the intercourse;
- Stendra will not work for you if you are not sexually aroused;
- Taking the med more than once a day is deathly dangerous;
- Stendra is not suitable for women and children.
You can take Stendra with alcohol, but drinking too much might cause trouble. The med allows taking no more than three whiskey shots or three glasses of wine.
Too many glasses of booze combined with Stendra can lead you to:
- Heart rate increase;
- Blood pressure drop.
What Is Stendra?
It’s an avanafil-based medication destined to relax the blood vessels in the lower areas of the body so that blood could circulate with sufficient pressure for a healthy erection. The med is destined to help the patients deal with impotence (aka Erectile Dysfunction).
How Should I Take Avanafil?
The best way to take a medication like this is to follow the professional instruction of your doctor, who has access to the information about your latest medical check-ups and your overall health conditions. The prescription label contains essential information about the intake rules. A doctor controlling your treatment process has the right to change the dosage if needed.
- Take Stendra with or without food;
- The medication needs a maximum half an hour to get active;
- You should be willing to have sex and be sexually excited — Stendra does not stimulate your sexual tension;
- Taking the med more than once in 24 hours can result in serious side effects.
In addition to the information about the intake rules, remember that you should keep Stendra away from the excessive moisture and high temperatures. You should protect the pills from light.
The lower the most effective dose for the patient is, the better.
There are three dosage options for patients with ED:
- Initial dose. An oral 100mg dose taken a quarter or half an hour before the sexual intercourse.
- Maintenance dose. It’s up to 200mg dose a quarter or half an hour before the sexual intercourse.
- Maximum dose. Daily 200mg dose.
Cautions & Most Common Side Effects
The typical side effects of Stendra are:
- Problems with breathing and stuffy nose;
- Pains in the back;
- Sore throat.
The effects listed above are the most common ones. They are not life-threatening and usually emerge in patients taking Stendra for the first time.
Essential Risk Information
Stendra has a very significant effect on blood pressure. Combined with the other blood pressure drugs, it can cause dizziness, loss of consciousness, a heart attack, or even a stroke.
Avoid Using Stendra If You
- Take nitrate-containing drugs regularly;
- Have pains in the chest (angina);
- Use pulmonary arterial hypertension drugs;
- Are allergic to any of Stendra components.
If you’re feeling unwell in the process of sexual intercourse, you have to get emergency help right away. Pains in the chest, nausea, and dizziness can either be your first reaction to the drug or a symptom signifying that the drug is not safe for you. Don’t hesitate and consult your healthcare provider before buying a brand or generic option of Stendra.
Serious Side Effects
There’s a wide range of uncommon side effects, including:
- Priapism. It’s one of the most uncommon side effects, and medical practitioners all over the world are still discussing the problem. Priapism is a long-lasting and, in most cases, painful erection. It can last up to four hours and even more. Urgent help is needed in this case. A side effect like this can be a sign of severe blood pressure or heart health condition.
- Blurred vision or a loss of vision. If the problem appears after the intake of Stendra, it’s a temporary effect. Nevertheless, it means that you’ve got some underlying problems. You might suffer from non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy. Your medical practitioner might be helpful in this situation. If you ignore professional treatment, you can lose the vision.
- Problems with hearing and loss of hearing. Dizziness and ringing in the ears are also possible. These are the signs of blood pressure problems. See your medical practitioner for more information.
Do You Need Stendra? Consult Your Doctor First
- If you have an irregular heartbeat, heart failure, and angina, Stendra can be dangerous for you.
- Low blood pressure and recent heart strokes are also bad signs for the patients interested in Stendra.
- Patients with leukemia, myeloma, and retinitis pigmentosa are also at risk of developing more severe health conditions after taking Stendra.
Is it bad to miss a Stendra dose?
There’s no need to be on the schedule since Stendra is an as-needed Erectile Dysfunction drug.
What are Stendra overdose consequences?
The consequences can be different, starting from light dizziness and finishing with the loss of consciousness and heart attacks. Make sure your doctor has nothing against you taking Stendra. Call 911 in case of an emergency.
Is there anything yo avoid while using Stendra regularly?
- Combining Stendra (Avanafil) with alcohol can result in numerous unwanted side-effects;
- Never eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while taking Stendra;
- Stendra will never protect you from STD — you’ll have to use a condom if it’s not your regular partner.
What are the drugs I cannot take with Stendra?
Stendra (an Avanafil containing drug) is not compatible with the other ED drugs like Viagra, Cialis, Levitra, or Staxyn. Tadalafil and Vardenafil combined with Avanafil are extremely dangerous for patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Be especially careful planning to take Stendra regularly if you take:
- Other ED meds;
- Blood pressure meds;
- Prostate disorder meds;
- Hepatitis C meds;
- AIDS meds.
Is there an obligatory prescription for Stendra?
Yes. It’s a potent prescription medication. It’s one of the high-rates options for ED treatment. Almost all medical insurance companies don’t include Stendra in the list of obligatory drugs because of the high price. Nevertheless, most patients agree that it’s a highly effective treatment, deserving attention.
It’s an essential list, and it’s incomplete. Avanafil interacts with numerous medications and is incompatible with many health conditions. It can give unwanted reactions in combination with specific vitamins and herbal products. This article might come in handy if you’re interested in more profound information about Stendra drug interactions.
Stendra Pros & Cons
Important information: We urge you to read this disclaimer for the protection of your health. Our customers are the only ones responsible for the health damage caused by the irresponsible intake of the pharmaceutical products we sell. As a reputable pharmacy, we are obliged to warn our customers about the unwanted side-effects of the medications we offer. All items presented on the website should be taken only after a consultation with a medical practitioner. Our online staff members, as well as the trained pharmacists, cannot replace professional medical assistance. Visit your physician before ordering the medications. An irresponsible approach to the med intake can result in tragic consequences that our pharmacy is not related to.